Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The year and a half gap...

Yes, yes...it's been a little over a year and a half since I last posted anything. I just got caught up with, er, not posting. And stuff.

Well, the sort story is, graduated in 2006, worked in lab for a year, and now I'm freeeeee!!!

For a few weeks anyways.

I'm supposed to be writing a paper for lab but instead I've been slacking off, sleeping, reading Harry Potter, dragging my lazy butt to the gym to hog to elliptical (I ADMIT IT! I'm sorry!), and eating. It's a vicious cycle of laziness. But I am a woman reformed! Will be doing the necessary online research and writing and all that good stuff, starting tomorrow. I even cracked a book a looked at a little clinical anatomy today. It's really reassuring how familiar much of the stuff is, but disturbing how freakin' long the chapters in the book that I have are. If that makes sense. Med school is going to be like that but expanded until you feel like your brain is oozing out of your ears like jelly. Grape jelly. Not raspberry jelly. Although delicious, that would be gross.

In the past year, I've also been able to go to Japan and Taiwan! Writing up the events from those travels would take FOREVER and I'd have to write the time spent writing it as more "meaningless slacking" time. I think I did end up writing about it in my journal, but butter my buns and call me Sally if you think I'm posting that! Ha! My good friend Kim (who I really just don't see often enough!) won't read people's blogs because she thinks they're like diaries and too personal. BELIEVE ME, this is NOT like my diary/journal/thingie. You would know the difference.

I also got to go to Macon, Georgia to visit my friend David, and hang out with fellow former Oxford friends Craig and Taylor. Craig moonlights as a lab buddy, and Taylor part-times as my former sophomore college roommate. We had a blast, ate far too much fried food (including green tomatoes which you have have have to try if you get the chance), frolicked on the beach, drove for hours through what I could swear to be an infinite forest of pine trees, were called "Miss Christine" and "Mr. Craig" and much much more. I posted pics on facebook. There was also a lot of ridiculousness and a lip synching music video we made to "The Little Mermaid" which will hopefully never see the light of youtube. Because I'm kind of embarrassed now. About it. Er.

Oh! And the whole pre-med thing is now officially OVER! I'm a pending medical student! At Stanford! Yay! Most of me is overjoyed and relieved to go to Stanford but then other bits of me are rebelling and feeling tired and jaded of ol' Cardinal central. I think it's just the feeling that everyone has gone and I'm still here. By the time I've graduated, I'll have spent almost a decade here! My gosh. I can barely count my life in decades. If you do the math, the resutling percentage is astounding. I'm not very good at mental math though (shhhh!).

After visiting home, I've realized that Cali weather is much much nicer. It actually gets cool here during the day, even if it's nice and sunny. Plus, FAR less mosquitoes.

Will post more tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyen said...

Just think how much longer you can stay if you do residency here!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home