Monday, July 30, 2007

A good day, sirs and madams

First Lasik- the procedure is SCARY. The doctor and technicians were all very professional, clearly experts, and very very good about talking me through what was going on IN MY EYES, but it was IN MY EYES!!! It was so scary. Never again. Not that I really can...except maybe after the whole old age bifocal-needing time comes around the bend...but I think I'll pass.

I've been following all the steps post-surgery and went to one post-op appointment already (everything checks out! whew), but it's so strange because I'm so used to wearing contacts- I've worn them for almost a decade. My eyes are still recovering but it's just...weird...awesome, but weird to think that I can see with my own eyes like this. The whole night-halo thing isn't bad at all either- lights are a little brighter with a bit more of a ring, but I actually think it's quite pretty.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, right after my surgery, starting on the car ride back to my apt, my eyes started having this burning sensation that was no fun at all. Took 3 tylenol pm and said g'night. But the burning was no good.

Spent the weekend helping Morgan and his now former roomies move. So...much...stuff...I'll say this for sure- I don't want to have that much stuff until I have a permanent abode or can afford movers!!!

Besides waking up at the butt-crack of dawn to go to Mountain View and drive Morgan to the airport, today was a good, relaxing day. Also, while Izzy's Brooklyn Bagels are amazing, I would not recommend the Blueberry combined with Chocolate chip cream cheese. Too sweet. It's like a roomful of Hello Kitty dolls and big eyes bunnies; overkill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home